Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Childhood Lessons

I have worked in daycare type of setting taking care of kids for most of my life. One of the lessons that I taught all my kids was to clean up after yourself. You have to clean up the room at the end of the day or throw away your snack stuff and clean the table before you can go play. I always wondered why this was so hard for kids to grasp. I apparently never took my own advise. I have realized in the past few days that I don't think that I really ever learned that lesson. My parents could tell you that I never cleaned my room as a kid. I usually just stuffed the laundry or toys under my bed. Once they got me to make my bed I would sleep on the top of the covers just to avoid making the bed the next morning. I think I learned to be cleaner when I moved to college because I was in such a small space with someone else. I did better but not much. When I moved into my own place by myself it was hard to really keep my new place real clean because no one ever saw it but James and I. I got into some real bad habits. Once we moved to Austin we have always said "this apartment will be different, we will keep it real clean." That has never happened! I decided this past week that the TIME IS NOW to start really keeping things real clean. I have struggled with putting things up once I got them out. I feel like a 2 year old having to sing that terrible song "Clean up, Clean up, everybody everywhere." Good song for a 2 year old but you would think that would be an easy habit to start back up. I hope I pick it back up....or start it soon! I wonder if there are any other lessons that I thought I learned but never did?

No comments: