Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Hobby

What is a hobby? I told James he needed to get a hobby and so he started naming off items that could or could not be hobbies. I told him that he was wrong on most of what he said and told him to keep thinking.
hobby 1 |ˈhäbē|
noun ( pl. -bies)
1 an activity done regularly in one's leisure time for pleasure : her hobbies are reading and gardening.
Can a hobby be related to your job? Can a hobby turn into your job? Once your hobby has turned into your job can it still be a hobby?
Currently my hobby is photography. I do it in spurts these days. I would like to get serious about it again and getting another portfolio together. Honestly, I don't want to work Apple for forever and hope to have kids one day. I would stay home with them but would have to have income still. Photography could be a great way to do that. So my hobby would then turn job. Does that mean I would have to get a new hobby? Right now I don't have to worry about this question but I sure hope I will have to in the near future. Until then I will be brushing up my skills. Any suggestions for James?

No comments: